Anyway, my crafty mom-in-law, Ann, is quite the seamstress and was patient enough to help me make some blocks. I thought I'd start small with baby blocks, squish balls as to get a jump start on Christmas gifts for my friends with little ones. Ann gets the credit for the squishy ball...my spatial learning abilities leave something to be desired...
Here are a few of my new creations:
Here's a quilt I would LOVE to make someday:
(Amy Butler is my craft hero. She. is. a. fabric. goddess.)

you made blocks! and a ball! i'm so proud of you! i can barely put my shoes on the right feet every morning.
ReplyDeleteDana, those fabrics are so cute! I love the blocks.
ReplyDeleteI've been scratching my creative itch with fabric lately too. I've made curtains for windows and for our baker's rack, and I'm in the middle of embroidering a bag. That one's not going to turn out so well, but I guess I'll just count it as practice.
My eventual goal is to make and embellish my own clothes. We'll see how that goes...
That ball is awesome! Love it!
ReplyDelete