Group shot after the Induction
And another one...
My awesome friends, Jancis and Beth
Kristi & Me
Lauren & Me (my fellow guido...or is it 'guidette?')
After the Sigma Theta Tau Induction, I had to stick around to hand out an award at the 1st GEM cohort's convocation. I'm the new Prez of the Student Nurses' Association at Rush and gave an award to a graduating GEM who will be working overseas to develop community health clinics in Lebanon, cool huh? I didn't anticipate getting emotional, but watching all the GEMs graduate made me so excited knowing that my own graduation is 159 days away (August 27th). I was visualizing where I want to be on August 27th, so I sent positive thoughts into the universe for Dan to have a wonderful, fulfilling art teacher job at that time, for me to have had a rewarding summer in my residency and prayed for us to have a bun in the oven at that time (one. track. mind. people...I'm sure this comes as no surprise).
Anyway, when I came home I was borderline delirious with fatigue and hunger, but we decided to take some pics at home so I could send them to family.
The lighting was not so good, I look a bit jaundiced, but here I am with my Honor Society certificate
This is my 'smart' face
Not to be outdone, Dan (also delirious) wanted to have a photo shoot of his own...
The handlebar mustache from my cords is my personal fave...
My sweatshirt from my wonderful unckies
Being inducted into the Honor Society was one of my personal goals during this program and I am so happy I did it! :)
HURRAY!!!!!!! GREAT PICS!!!! Like....ones that made me laugh out loud great! :) You are so beautiful and we are SOOOOOOO incredibly proud of you! XOXO
ReplyDelete