Yesterday was the LAST final I will ever have to take, EVER!!!!!! That is, until dorky me decides to go back for my doctorate in nursing. I know that seems a little weird, being a 'doctor nurse'?!?! Anywho, I cannot believe I am DUNZO!!!!! No more lectures, no more busywork. Just working, everyday, on my capstone project and at my awesome residency placement!!! I got my dream placement at Evanston Womens Hospital in labor and delivery. I was telling Dan, birth is so humbling, so raw and awe-inspiring, some people may go their entire lives and never witness this miraculous event. I feel incredibly fortunate that this summer (and hopefully for the rest of my career) I can witness day in and day out, the brilliantly executed dance of bringing new life into this world. I am so so so enamored by pregnancy, birth and beyond and feel so blessed that I have found my passion in life. So, yea, I'm super stoked. I start sometime the week of June 27th and graduate from Rush August 27th! WOO WOO!!!
To celebrate the day, Dan, Kate, Kyle and I went to Hipsterpalooza 2010, a.k.a., the free She & Him concert at the lovely Millennium Park. #1, Zooey is a cute little peanut with a velvety powerhouse of a voice. Lovely. #2, I have NEVER in my life seen so many hipsters congregated in one spot. Seriously. No exaggeration, probably 500K hipsters. That's a whole lot of Keds, androgyny, Ray Bans and facial hair. We couldn't find a square foot of grass to sit on so we listened to the concert from the snake steel bridge. It was a very fun night and a beautiful way to start my summer break and appreciate our beautiful city.
A few pics from our night:
No comments:
Post a Comment