Tuesday, December 7, 2010

best day ever! well, really the worst, but now the BEST!

Sorry for the blog overload...lots of catching up to do!
No. big. deal.....I just celebrated my 7 year cancer-versary!!!!! YES!  It's been an interesting anniversary...less anxiety, more peace, more 'back to normal.'  I remember shortly after completing treatment, I confided in my psychosocial oncologist that I prayed that one day would pass without thinking about cancer.  Many days pass without it crossing my mind.  When it enters my mind, a memory from treatment, a fear, a scary thought, it simply swirls around in my consciousness....I acknowledge it, honor it and it passes and disappears.  It's a beautiful place to be.  I am blessed for the support I had through it all, my amazing mama, there with me every step of the way.  I felt this weird obligation to celebrate just to give myself the peace of mind that I didn't let this occasion pass by without appreciating it or celebrating it.  Sure I get scared of what the future could bring with long term side effects, but I feel grateful I have my health now.  I am incredibly, incredibly blessed.  There are no words to describe my gratitude.
We celebrated the weekend by going to Tufano's for a yummy dinner and Zoo Lights with Matty and Danielle.  Here's some pics from the night:






What a fun night and a great way to celebrate!  To life!


No comments:

Post a Comment