Sunday, December 12, 2010

reverb10, #12 - body integration

Today's reverb10 prompt is from Patrick Reynolds.
"Body integration.  This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body?  Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?"


This year, I've delved deeper into alternative and complementary therapies in efforts to achieve a balanced and united mind, body, and spirit.  About 3 years ago, I started acupuncture, which has been an incredible journey.  Acupuncture branched off into holographic memory resolution (healing troubled spots in the body that store traumatic emotions), mayan abdominal massage and yoga for fertility.  I am open and willing to try just about anything to nourish this one body I'm renting for this lifetime.  The moment this year when I have felt most integrated with my body was definitely during an acupuncture session.  I could feel my mind drifting away, yet deeper and deeper inward into my body.  Feeling warmth and energy rushing through the meridians of my body while having not a single thought in my mind was an amazing, peaceful feeling.  I would 'awaken' from acupuncture feeling refreshed, cleansed and totally exhausted at the same time.  I often told my acupuncturist that I might get pulled over for a DUI, as acupuncture made me feel high as a kite.  I find that western medicine can only take me so far, and I have found great success in utilizing complementary treatments to improve my cycles (and in turn improve fertility), help my back pain and increase energy levels.  Step outta your comfort zone and try something new! Your body (mind and spirit) will thank you!

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one I know that has gushed over the effects of acupuncture! It's just finding the money for me before I try it. I suspect it would help my guts become more stable and have fewer wild swings.

    ReplyDelete