Wednesday, March 9, 2011

get by with a little help from my friends...

I am one lucky girl.  I was having a bummer week that reminded me just how blessed I am to have my girlfriends.  Each one has their own unique light and essence that brings a joy to my life that cannot be matched.
Katie (my college roommate, best friend and daily giggle buddy) always knows how to cheer me up and make me laugh.  She is unfailingly supportive in our efforts to start a family.  I am grateful for our daily talks and how we can always make each other laugh.  I love her girls as if they were my own.  Thank you, Katie, for the gift of your friendship! I love you!  She sends me cards to brighten my day and make me smile.  I just found this on her blog today and it brought me to tears.  She has a prayer requests page and here's what she wrote:


*My beautiful friends D & D over at Appreciate Each Day are trying very hard 
to have a little baby of their own. She is a labor and delivery nurse and a Doula and actually helped deliver my baby W. She is feeling frustrated and needs some 
prayers. Keep her in your thoughts please.

The love doesn't stop there... my angel over in Arizona, my Mindy, always knows how to cheer me up.  She knows me inside and out.  I came home to an amazing card and book about taking time for yourself and learning to just breathe and keep the perspective she and I fought so hard for.  Mindy, I love you! You are my lifemate!

Oh yeah, the love just keeps coming!  I went out with my oldest, besty best friend, Stephanie on Saturday for a much needed girls night.  Stephanie makes me laugh til I pee myself.  We literally sat at the bar, while we took turns snapping ridiculous pictures of each other, seeing who could look the nastiest. (I will post them in a separate entry, you'll love em.) She is so loving, kind and supportive and forever encouraging.  I am so grateful for her love and friendship.

Thank you, my girls! I love you all.  You make help make me who I am, and I am so forever thankful for your love.  You are AWESOME!    

"we are friends for life.
when we're together, the years fall away.
isn't that what matters?
to have someone who can remember with you?
to have someone who remembers how far you've come?" 
- judy blume

1 comment:

  1. How blessed you are! Women friends fill a need that just can't be filled by anyone else.

    ReplyDelete