I always like to do something positive in addition to restricting something during Lent. I feel like Dan and I have been more focused in prayer lately, but my positive addition to Lent will be thoughtful, focused daily prayer and getting my butt in a church I love. We've been searching for a good church and I think now is the perfect time to settle on one.
Another positive addition I'd like to add to this Lenten season is more time outdoors. The winter gloomy gloom has really gotten us both down. Working the night shift hasn't helped. I feel like I never see the sun. Dan and I both really find our spirituality enhanced when in nature. We feel so close to God and in touch with the universe when enjoying its beauty. We decided to take time every day to be present in nature, even if it's just to step out on the porch and watch the clouds.
Hope everyone has a blessed Lent. Looking forward to the joy and rebirth that Easter brings. I'm ready for a fresh start!

Amen
ReplyDelete