Thursday, October 1, 2009

lucy in the sky with diamonds

Oh, Grams....
So, Gramma is back in the hospital as of Sunday.  Pneumonia, wicked UTI, the works.  She hibernates when she gets pneumonia and always gives us a scare.  I stayed with her all day Monday and today and she was a bit out of it today, more than usual.


But....just when you think she's completely delirious...she hits you with a few zingers.  


Exhibit A:


Uncle Kiki is with Grams and the nurse walks in.  
Nurse:  Lucy, who is this? (she is just quizzing Grams, she knows it's her son)
Grams:......he's my lover.


Exhibit B:
I'm with Grams today and she has spent the last ten minutes making her baby doll that I bought her dance going 1,2,3,4 and 5,6,7,8...counting out the dance steps for baby.
Grams: What's your husband's name again?
Dana: Dan.
Grams: ANN?  That is the most disgusting name I have ever heard on a man.
Dana: No, Grams...Daniel.
Grams: Oh...well that's much better.


Exhibit C:
I was feeling pretty down and anxious because Grams was in her own little world and I was having a difficult time engaging with her.  It was making me sad so Kiki was trying to quiz her. 
Kiki: Mother, who's this girl? (pointing to me...I was right up in her face smiling at her and kissing her)
Grams:  I have NO idea...but, boy is she cute.
Not the answer I was looking for, but nonetheless, it made my day.


I love Grams so much and I hope she gets better each day.  She raised me as a 2nd mom and I spent most of my young adult and college years on the phone with her almost daily.  She and Papa were two of my best friends :)  Here's a few of my most precious Grams pics.









Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly...
the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment