Monday, October 5, 2009

we could find a place to stay, a secret little hide away

This weekend we went to Royal Oaks Farm in Harvard.  We LOVE it there.  We went to pick our favorite apples (Liberty) and also picked a few great pumpkins.  I love pumpkins.  I don't know why I am so very fond of those little round fellows, but I love them all.  Even the ones with bumpy elephantitis looking spots.  
We spent the day at the farm, dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Vernon Hills and then babysat for our wonderful, beautiful flower girls, Paige and Caroline that night.  They are getting bigger and more adorable by the minute.  We painted pumpkins and played kiddy Monopoly.  Paige whooped us in Monopoly.  :)  Oh and Caroline has the most creative little Halloween costume in mind this year....Darth Vader.  Yup, this precious little blonde haired, blue eyed 6 year old LOVES Star Wars.
Anyway, we love the fall and we can't wait to make apple crisp, apple pie and Dan's favorite, mulled apple cider with whisky.










2 comments:

  1. i love that unfocused, half-cross-eyed thing that dan does in photos! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete