Wednesday, December 23, 2009
all that he has given to the world
Oh.
My.
Goodness.
Mindy sent me this link. Click here for the trailer to an upcoming amazing documentary about my favorite thing in the world. The trailer song is one of my faves too by Sufjan Stevens called "The Perpetual Self." I should have made this movie!!! Dammit! I would have called it "Dede loves Babies" though... But in all seriousness, I love to look at pregnancy, childbirth and parenting in different cultures. One of my favey fave books is "Our Babies, Ourselves" (click for the link) which takes a look at parenting practices in Africa and Asia and how in the cultures where Attachment Parenting is only natural; a way of life, the incidence of SIDS is incredibly low/non-existent as the rate of breastfeeding/babywearing/bedsharing is common practice....I don't take that as a mere coincidence. I know everybody thinks I'm baby crazy, and I am, but it goes so much deeper than that. I've got a psychic connection to them :) My mom swears I give off a scent and babies know me...Babies are gifts to the world, they make us stop and marvel at the wondrous nature of life, make us slow down and appreciate the little things. I am so fortunate that while we are waiting anxiously to start our own family, I have so many wonderful girlfriends with beautiful babies that I can eat up and cuddle in the meantime...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment