Wednesday, December 23, 2009

right as rain at the animal bar


We went to Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo last night.  It was a chilly night with rain/snow dropping on our heads.  Zoo lights was on our list of must-do activities for winter break and I'm happy we were able to make it there.  The lights were beautiful!!!  There was a guy carving ice sculptures with a chainsaw and then smoothing them with an iron!  There weren't too many animals because they were all either freezing or sleeping, but we did get to see some penguins, an owl or two, some little monkeys and a baby leopard.  I loved the little monkeys because we came to visit them right about at bedtime and we were fortunate enough to witness a mama monkey nursing her little baby monkey boy.  It was so precious!  (The mother baby nurse in me was gushing to see this, even in our primate relatives :)  It was so sweet, she moved the baby away from the bright lights and put her arms around him, so precious.  Dan and I made a pact that we hope to keep.....we have to make the best of Chicago's winter because the weather is what it is and we aren't going anywhere, so we have to enjoy it.  We got our cozy puffy coats and found great waterproof snuggly boots on sale so we are ready for just about anything.  We hope to go on a nice wintery hike at the end of the week because this break has FLOWN by.  I don't want to go back to school because I love spending all this time with Dan and our family!  But, on the other hand the sooner I go back to school the sooner I can be done.  Anyway, a few pics from Zoo Lights.





P.S. Taking pictures at Zoo Lights reinforces how badly we want a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera!  The pics would have been SO much cooler!!!  Maybe as a graduation present to ourselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment