My pal Joanna inspired me to post this! Today in church, one of the songs was "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee'' to the tune of Ode to Joy by Beethoven. The words are beautiful and inspiring, talking about nature and such but the tune is a bit slow for my liking. Each time I hear this song, I cannot help but be jolted back to my childhood when I'd watch Sister Act with Grams (one of our favorites at the time). Whoopi and gang really spice up this tune and I am not embarrassed to admit that it's one of my guilty pleasures. I even had to go home and youtube it just so I could sing it again :)
In all seriousness, I love the words. Especially "hearts unfold like flowers before thee, opening to the sun above"...and "drive the dark of doubt away."
For your viewing pleasure, a throwback to Sister Act 2...enjoy:
OH GIRL. YOU DID NOT JUST PULL OUT SISTER ACT II. I love you so hard. This is one of my favorites, fer real. And I say that as a serious Beethoven geek. Anyone who says they hate this version is LYING.
OH GIRL. YOU DID NOT JUST PULL OUT SISTER ACT II. I love you so hard. This is one of my favorites, fer real. And I say that as a serious Beethoven geek. Anyone who says they hate this version is LYING.
ReplyDeletePEE ESS. White boy rap! YOU DOWN WITH G-O-D?
ReplyDeleteyea you know me! i love white boy rap! :)
ReplyDelete