(courtesy of The Wheatfield shop on etsy...one of my faves)
A few updates:
Tuesday I saw a new doctor at Rush. Oh. My. Gosh. What an answered prayer. I prayed and prayed and prayed before this appointment. For God to point us in the right direction, to help us find a provider who will respect us and help us start a family. We found that doctor!!! :) Dr Mary Wood Molo is my new BFF! :) Kidding, but she is pretty amazing. Rush was an answered prayer when I had leukemia too. We were searching for an oncologist who would tell me I didn't need a stem cell transplant. We prayed and prayed and when we found Dr Stephanie Gregory at Rush, all our prayers started flowing outta her mouth. Everything we hoped for, she gave us. I cannot help but feel the same way about this doctor. Dr Wood Molo is the director of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility and has been there for 20 years. She basically told me:
-she can't believe how FCI treated me
-it's plain as day that I need an MRI of my uterus to give me a definitive diagnosis on it's structure
-my progesterone is in the gutter, so we're going to supplement after I ovulate each month to help me sustain a pregnancy
-she praised me for being an 'educated' patient and how much she loves it when patients do their research
-she made NO mention of IVF, IUI, donor eggs, etc. She said "we're going to make this fun again" and told me we're going to work together to try to get us pregnant naturally
The plan is to get a uterine MRI on June 13th. When I ovulate, I'll get my blood tested so Dr Wood Molo can dose the progesterone supplements accordingly. She encouraged me to do acupuncture (which I love) and she even knew my acupuncturist! I love when east and west can work together to help patients. Dan and I have a theory that Fertility Centers of Illinois (at least the doctor I saw, I have heard good things about other doctors there) preys on your desperation and loves taking your money. The doctor at FCI could have EASILY given me an MRI and progesterone supplements, but instead told me to keep waiting when there was something he could have done to help me. Maybe he thought I would have come back in a few months, more desperate and want IVF. Then he could make a sweet $10,000 no problem. It's pretty sad when standards of care don't seem to be upheld. Anyway, that's in the past. We are so thrilled that we found a doctor who is willing to work with us, respects us, and will exhaust all options, order all the necessary tests to get us some answers and hopefully get us our sweet baby we've been praying for. All. Good. Things. Thank the Lord. I know our prayers are not always answered on the exact day we'd like them to be. It's been hard being patient. We've lost hope, and regained it. Questioned our faith, and then found it renewed and stronger than ever. We've held onto each other, our friends and our families for love and support. We are blessed beyond words. We know we will become parents someday soon. Thank you ALL for your prayers. We are so grateful for all the love we've been given.

Knock boots, Dan, knock boots.
ReplyDeleteDamn straight, make it fun again!!! Bumpin' Uglies...all-night-long!!! This way, you'll not only know when you conceive, but also remember how amazing you felt while creating a life :)
ReplyDeleteAAAAH! I am in love with this post and I already love Dr. Molo. I love firmly positive, proactive doctors. (Also DUDE, FCI, NOT giving you something so damn simple like progesterone? Unacceptable.)
ReplyDelete