Sunday, January 22, 2012

long time, no see - randoms & updates

Sorry, friends! This last month and a half slipped away, with the holidays and all.  Happy New Year!!!
May 2012 bless you with peace, fulfillment and love.

December 18th we went to another Hawks game this season! We are loving on our Hawkie Hawks!!!  I love Stalberg & Hossa & Toews, oh my!!!  My mom was awesome enough to buy us tix again and we all went to a fabulous game where the Hawks got the win.  We brought along Jason and Heidi.  It was Heidi's first game!!!



Now on to Christmas!  Christmas was amazing.  Very relaxing, didn't have to work (YEAH!), spent time with my favorite people on earth.  Here's some pics from Christmas:


Nothing says Christmas like a bow and arrow

My handsome brody


Love this kid

Love my hat from my Uncle Kiki

Most of the Bruno gang


My Gramma's baby...don't be jealous of her purse

Mama & Papa Merk

Snuggles for the mama







New Years Eve and Day I was working, but had a fun, low key dinner and NYE celebration at the Fullers house.  We had a blast.  I promise we went out on New Years, I just forgot to take pics :)

Dan had a relaxing Christmas break off from school.  We both have been fighting yucky virus/cold bugs the past few weeks.  We've been glued to the couch all week, coughing up a storm.  Hopefully we'll be back to our good old selves soon.  

Random happy thought....I am SO happy for my lifemate, Mindy.  She has found the love of her life, also named Dan and I could not be happier for her.  Seriously, my heart melts every time I hear her smiling on the other end of the phone.  Even better, Dan has a midwest connection and family in Illinois!  That means visits to Chicago!  YEAH!!!  Look at how cute these kids are:


Family building update....
December was a no go.  Oh well.  We started fertility injections in November (Ovidrel one week apart).  November, no luck.  We tried different fertility injections in December (Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, for those playing at home...)  Luck! But a little too much of a good thing.  I took the teeniest, tiniest dose of Follistim, to help encourage a heartier ovulation, with healthier estrogen levels to sustain a pregnancy.  I am lucky enough to ovulate on my own, so I just wanted ONE healthy follicle to be fertilized.  Well, my mom always said I was an overachiever and BAM!  10 eggs.  Yup. 10.  Octomom meet Decamom.  6 on the left.  4 on the right.  At least 4 very mature follicles with 6 strong ones as well.  We were instructed to not even go near each other.  Seriously.  It would have been a clown car....a complete disaster if more than one had fertilized since my uterus is not equipped to hold more than one.  (Hence the photo above...) All jokes aside, the doctor and nurse practitioner both brought up selective reduction and I did not want to even have that conversation.  It was not worth the risk to jump in and hope 4 eggs didn't fertilize and deal with the repercussions later.  We abandoned ship, a wise choice, and will keep moving forward.   When the 10 follicles ovulated, it was awful.  A good ol' case of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.  Look it up, and you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy.  

 Our plan was to do IUI this month, but my sweet fellow had a fever for wayyyy too many days and probably cooked our little babies.  And, the case of hyperstimulation syndrome left behind many ovarian cysts which have interfered with normal hormone production.  One step forward, two steps back.  Oh well, I fully, completely, even in my darkest days, believe that God is good, the universe will bless us with a healthy pregnancy and fat happy baby.  So, we'll see.  Just keep swimming, right?

Anyway, one of my goals for the New Year was to blog more, I've been slacking...So far, not so good :)  I'll try to keep up!  Wishing everyone a healthy and happy January.  May the hope of Spring get us through the chilly months.  

1 comment:

  1. Aww honey thank you for the shout out! I love that you're just as excited as I am about this new chapter in my life. Can't wait to see you in May! 2012 will be the year of the lifemates, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete