Apologies for the blogging delay! The sun is too bright and I'd rather spend my days playing outside!
UPDATE! (read part 1 first if you haven't already...)
-Surgery went well. Not how we thought it'd turn out, but still successful. The so-called uterine 'septum' could not be removed because it was too vascular. (Too much blood flow and it would have caused too much scarring/damage if it were removed). Dr WM said it would have been 'reckless' to attempt to remove the seputm. During the surgery, Dr WM found something she was not looking for, which were uterine or endometrial polyps. These little buggers interfered with conception and/or disrupted implantation which contributed to our lack of pregnancy and our early losses. She took those stinkers out and did a little 'gut rehab' as Dan calls it. While the hysteroscope was in she did a d&c to clean up the lining and make sure the polyps were out. So, basically the doc said my uterus is not bicornuate, not septate, but not really didelphys. She's calling it a 'didelphys variant' because a true 'double uterus' should also have two cervices, and I only have the one. Thankfully. :) The structure may or may not cause us trouble conceiving, we'll just have to see. It sounds like this little polyps were the issue.
Recovery was not so bad. The first few days were rough with the balloon in, but my amazing mama and super husband kept me cozy and in good company. The outpouring of support and love from friends, family, strangers filled my heart up. It makes me feel a little less alone knowing I'm not the only one in my little world that's struggled to start a family. I am unbelievably blessed.
Next step, saline sonogram this Friday. We may get the green light to start trying this week. But. But. BUT.... I'm nervous. So is Dan. I cannot describe how freeing it was to have surgery, knowing it was going to actively fix a problem while we could sit back and not worry about trying. Trying to conceive for a year is rough. (I know people do it for years and years so I better count my blessings, but it is what it is.) It's emotionally draining, physically demoralizing and completely all consuming. We've tried to keep a light heart about it, but in order to be fully invested, you must commit to multiple doctor appointments per week, blood tests here, ultrasounds there, supplementing with progesterone, and so on and so on. It gets exhausting. I want to do something to mark a fresh start. Something ritualistic, something cleansing. Being in nature? A deep meditation? A new cleanse/exercise regime? I'm looking for ideas to prepare ourselves spiritually, physically, emotionally to head down this road again. It feels wrong to just jump back in without processing this crazy year and connecting with one another and staying strong together on this journey ahead.
Thank you for your blessings, your emails, phone calls, messages, songs, everything you have done to make us feel so very loved. We. Are. BLESSED!
I'll leave you with a lovely quote by Ben Franklin...
'Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.'
And from one of my favorite Etsy artists, Katie Daisy
Courtesy of the Wheatfield on Etsy

I think that you should do all the above. Go to Lake Geneva for a weekend retreat. Walk a lot and meditate. PRAY together, for strength, courage and trust that God will provide. Talk about your beautiful future together and relax. Get a massage together and maybe journal about your last year. I am so excited for you guys and know that your 4th year of marriage will bring you a beautiful baby! I CAN NOT WAIT! I love you guys!!!
ReplyDelete